Monday 27 February 2012

The Accidental Job Interview Flashing Incident

The morning B and I arrive on the Andesmar bus back into Buenos Aires, I have a job interview with my new company via Skype.

As soon as we get back to the flat, I jump in the shower, don a smart dress (and flipflops, natch - I only have to look presentable from the waist up) and set to preparing for my interview. B, in contrast, nips into the bedroom and lathers on a load of suncream.

"What time is your interview?" she asks.

"12 o'clock until 2pm," I say, already nervous about the four back-to-back half-hour interviews I'm about to endure.


"Ok, I'm going to sunbathe up on the roof. I promise I won't come back into the flat between 12 and 2," she says.

And off she goes.

So there I am, at 12:28, minding my own business and fully engrossed in my Skype interview with the HR recruiter all the way over in freezing-cold mid-February Dublin, when what should happen but I see in my own Skype video no other than my dear friend B walking behind me, scantily clad in her bikini!  

Not only does she disappear into her room to grab her towel, she then comes out of it again wrapped only in said skimpy towel, crosses back in front of the Skype video, and does the same again, dripping wet, on exiting the shower! 

Fortunately, the recruiter blinks at exactly the right moment and I am pretty convinced they didn’t see a thing. Either that, or it'll be the flashing incident that gets me the job...

0 comments:

Post a Comment