Thursday 1 March 2012

Siga La Vaca, Mum's Arrival and the Resignation

The same evening B leaves for her KLM flight, my Mum and Godmother arrive on the very flight that will take B back to Blighty. I'm about to have two more weeks of visitors in my home and journeys around Argentina. (No rest for the wicked).

On Tuesday night, a friend from London with Argentine family is visiting, so we all meet up with the parents and go to the Puerto Madero branch of Siga La Vaca, an eat-all-you-like beef restaurant chain. My friend and her family have been coming here for decades, but sadly I'm a bit disappointed. The cheap house red is good value but the salad and accompaniments bar is disappointing and the restaurant is nothing to look at. The meat is pretty good though, and abundant, if nothing else. The picanha beef is to die for.

Wednesday night, I recommend Miranda to my Mum and Godmother. They absolutely love it and are fairly happy to go nowhere else for the rest of their trip. Meanwhile, I stay in by myself to ponder the Big Day I have ahead of me...

Thursday, 1 March, 2012, I quit my job of 6 1/2 years. It's a biggie. I'm moving to Ireland and I have just a couple more weeks to enjoy the rest of Argentina and a little bit of South America, before I head to much colder climes.

After a fairly palm-sweating and emotional morning, I spend the day doing all the necessary bureaucracy - starting with going to the post office to file a resignation telegram. Probably the first and the last time I'll ever do a telegram...

It's a sobering process. I'm excited about new adventures to come, but I'm going to miss Argentina like crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment