Wednesday 23 November 2011

Buenos Aires Dining - Grappa Pizza

Having heard Grappa is the best pizza restaurant in Buenos Aires, I'm eager to try it out when an old Argentine girlfriend suggests we meet up. 

So I'm a bit disappointed when the pizza comes up short of my expectations. The restaurant itself is on a beautiful, cobbled street corner - El Salvador with Ángel Carranza - and is perfect for people-watching, but the pizza tastes a bit fried and greasy for my liking. The service is good and I enjoy having a proper, two-hour conversation in Spanish with an actual local - I'm ashamed at how little Spanish I've spoken after almost two months in the Argentine capital. But unfortunately, Grappa is out and Bakano still wins for me in the Buenos Aires pizza stakes.

Grappa

0 comments:

Post a Comment