Wednesday 16 November 2011

San Telmo Dining - Brasserie Petanque

After a quite frankly mind-numbing conference about fertilizers on Tuesday, I am overjoyed to be invited out for dinner that evening with my new BFF Steel Drama Queen (SDQ) and her friend, who is visiting from London and studying a little Spanish while working up a tan that is already 20 times better than my own and she's only been here a couple of days... sigh...

SDQ takes us to one of her faves, Brasserie Petanque, a French restaurant on a quiet street corner (Defensa with México) in San Telmo. Once again, I have no photos of my own, so here's one from the website:

Brasserie Petanque, San Telmo
The restaurant is authentically French and, on SDQ's recommendation, I go for the traditional French onion soup followed by boeuf bourguinon. The food is delicious, the atmosphere refreshingly French, but the best thing about the evening is catching up with my fellow British girls and having some hearty, girlie giggles about pretty much absolute nonsense. It's amazing how much I miss the girlie banter from back home, especially in an office mainly full of men.

0 comments:

Post a Comment