Thursday 27 October 2011

Cristina's Big Clampdown

I don't want this blog to be about my work, but today was a huge day in terms of Argentine politics and the oil and mining industries. President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, who won reelection on Sunday, might I add, chose today to order all gas, oil and mining companies to repatriate any future revenue to Argentina to stem capital flight from the country, causing a huge slump in energy and commodity industry shares.

It seems I came to Buenos Aires just in time for it all to kick off with the commodities and energy industry I'm covering. Either way, it was a very busy day at work and now I'm ready to relax.

Here's a fun video of Cristina's celebratory dance after the reelection victory on Sunday: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1417419-la-presidenta-al-ritmo-de-la-mancha-de-rolando#v_video_63903

0 comments:

Post a Comment