Sunday 30 October 2011

Lula Has Cancer

Today is my second weekend shift. It starts off quiet and then suddenly we get a press release from one of the hospitals in São Paulo saying that Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has been diagnosed with cancer. Jeez, what is it with Latin American presidents and cancer? Brazil's Dilma, Paraguay's Lugo, Venezuela's Chavez, and now Lula? Of course, Chavez comes straight out and accuses the U.S. of a conspiracy to cause cancer in LatAm's leaders, however they might manage to do that...

So I spend the day frantically editing copy and getting behind on other stuff. At lunch, though, I decide to go to McDonalds because the 5k run pack came with a couple of vouchers for a free McDonalds salad, so who am I to dismiss it?! The McDonalds free chicken salad is pretty average but I'm a sucker for a freebie so I'm quietly content.

I had planned on running home from work but the day has been so busy that I'm exhausted by the end of it and I idle off to the subte once again. At least it's quiet on a Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment