Thursday 27 October 2011

The Argentine Curryhouse

I have not been a fan of curry ever since I projectile vomited into the holy Ganges in the Indian city of Varanasi after a not-exactly-delicious meal in April this year so when my neighbour asked if I wanted to join her at one of Buenos Aires's only Indian restaurants last night, it wasn't exactly the first thing on my list.

But, since I don't exactly have a huge amount of friends and need as many as I can get, I went along and joined them all at Tandoor, on Laprida with Charcas. I didn't imagine Argentine curry to be genuine, but the place turns out to be owned and run by a real Indian guy who quit his investment banking job in New York and moved South to set up the restaurant. There was a huge table of us - all ex-pats - and we dined on freshly cooked naans, fish curry and all sorts of dishes.

I'm pleased to say I enjoyed every mouthful and my faith in Indian food is restored. It was great to catch up with some fellow ex-pats too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment